Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Election Integrity Filmmaker Sees Own Vote Flipped on ESS Touch-Screens in TN

Guest Blog from Brad Freidman at the Brad Blog:
David and Patricia Earnhardt Report Their Problems During Early Voting in Nashville
Obama Vote Won't Register, Then Flips to Other Candidate, as Similarly Reported Recently in WV...
Now comes the vote-flipping on touch-screen machines in Davidson County (Nashville), TN where early voting has also begun. This time, the problems occurred for David and Patricia Earnhardt, the director and executive producer of the award-winning election integrity documentary, Uncounted: The New Math of American Elections which details the history of problems with electronic voting across the nation and some of the whistleblowers and EI advocates who've helped to bring the matter to light. [Disclosure: The BRAD BLOG is prominently featured in the film.]
The Earnhardts' story of what happened to them last Friday when, among other things, Patricia's attempt to vote for Obama on the ES&S touch-screen wouldn't register at all, and at one point, with a poll-worker trying to help, had actually registered a vote for Green Party candidate Cynthia McKinney --- five rows away from Obama on the screen --- follows below.
CLICK HERE FOR THE REST OF THE STORY

3 comments:

pls8395 said...

Obviously, God is trying to tell them something!

Seriously, though, electronic voting is a BAD idea. This isn't a beauty contest! It's not like we are voting for who speaks the most eloquent, or who can prove their ability to overcome diversity, or who looks best on camera, or who has the prettiest skin complexion…Oh wait a minute, maybe we are!

Tom Sebourn said...

It's not about any of that. It's about who will get the best tax deal. 95 percent of Americans will get the best tax deal with Obama. If the other 5 percent win, it has to be the machines.

pls8395 said...

Unfortunately, I will get screwed with either of them in office. More so with Obama than McCain, but screwed just the same...