Monday, July 21, 2008

Has Michael Savage finally lost his mind?


According to CBS in New York:http://cbs2.com/national/michael.savage.autism.2.775524.html
On July 16th Michael Savage, heard locally in Humboldt County on KWSW 790 am, claimed that autism is "[a] fraud, a racket. ... I'll tell you what autism is. In 99 percent of the cases, it's a brat who hasn't been told to cut the act out. That's what autism is. What do you mean they scream and they're silent? They don't have a father around to tell them, 'Don't act like a moron. You'll get nowhere in life. Stop acting like a putz. Straighten up. Act like a man. Don't sit there crying and screaming, idiot.' "
Local Blogger HighBoltage has this:http://highboldtage.wordpress.com/
High Boltage has links to advertisers and the company that syndicates of the Savage Nation and seems to be calling for a boycott.
I support the right of Michael Savage to say stupid things. I just don't think I would want my business (I don't currently have one but did some years ago) associated with such ignorance and controversy. It's one thing to be on the political right or left but Savage is on the political wrong on this issue and many others. I don't support boycotts of advertisers, I support boycotting the station he is on and suggest you turn into KGOE 3 to 6pm instead of KWSW and enjoy the Peter B. Collins Show.

No comments: